About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
- RT @UW_MCH: Check it out! This #MCH newsletter covers #preconception care, #transgender health & more: https://t.co/2ixi053gwj https://t.co/Gm3opah01W, Jul 28
- RT @UW_MCH: We talked to Arden Handler and her team from @MatChildHlthUIC & @CityMCH about how stories can change #PublicHealth: https://t.co/n6EUTitFA5, Jul 26
- Alumna Jessyca Dudley from the Joyce Foundation’s Gun Violence Prevention Program featured on WBEZ 91.5 Chicago https://t.co/j5B0lMmqNN, Jul 18
- RT @MinorityHealth: Are you a change maker? Are you striving to make your community better? Tell us how by using #ImAChangeMaker! https://t.co/uBmpFvHrR5, Jul 15
- Health Disparities and Social Justice Conference https://t.co/2zKmj2Qzrw, Jul 13