About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
To check out our upcoming events look here: https://coeinmch.uic.edu/professional-development/uic-mchp-events/
- Don't forget to fill out this survey to help the CoE in MCH! You'll be entered to win $10 Starbucks gift card upon… https://t.co/kYoEUGoMFi, Apr 20
- For #NPHW2018 we invite you to read about amazing folks who have dedicated their lives to improve the overall hea… https://t.co/p9iA4mCgRn, Apr 4
- RT @SisterSong_WOC: Today is the 50th Anniversary of Dr. King’s assassination. What will you do to dismantle white supremacy in yoursel… https://t.co/F3B1v9KSc3, Apr 4
- RT @shrivercenter: In 2017, women earned 81 cents for every dollar a white male earns. It’s time to make the #GenderWageGap history.… https://t.co/wB2aQnbQYS, Apr 4
- RT @BlkMamasMatter: Our NEW website is LIVE! Check us out at https://t.co/3wrhcjhvHw View the #BMHW18 page for more information!! Sho… https://t.co/MMDwrEsYlH, Apr 4