About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
- Where is the M in MCH? Katie Garland attends the Mother's Day March & advocates 4 better health outcomes 4 mothers. https://t.co/9mBUu2FEVY, Jun 20
- CoE-MCH blog post on Dr.Jeni Hebert-Beirne's research on women's health #ThisisPublicHealth #ThisisUIC #womenshealth https://t.co/e6IC5Nbrhu, May 30
- Dr. Art James discusses structural racism & infant mortality during Advisory Committee Meeting #ThisisPublicHealth https://t.co/C9nROYlczS, May 25
- Arden Handler, DrPH talks about the importance of women-centered care. #ThisisPublicHealth https://t.co/Piu0SbosFo, May 15
- Erin Howes, MPH(c) writes about her experiences at the Making Lifelong Connections Meeting on the UIC-CoE Blog:…https://t.co/LxCxKchnqD, Apr 28