About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
- UIC MCH students representing at the @IDPH @ILPublicHealth 2017 Illinois Women's Health Conference. #womenshealth… https://t.co/dWgHPL9NBW, 2 hours ago
- Thank you @HealthConnctOne @EverThriveIL & @PreparedHealth for joining us today at the UIC-SPH! #thisisUIC… https://t.co/itKBZ2ePVE, Mar 14
- "Save the Date and Call for Abstracts: 4th Annual Women’s Health Research Day" https://t.co/d13F8fvxQ2 @MatChildHlthUIC, Feb 14
- on behalf of EverThrive IL One Week Left - Submit Your Abstract Today! https://t.co/bfabvM2GFV https://t.co/bfabvM2GFV, Jan 27
- UIC Faculty Member @ Women's March! Way to go Dr. Yamile Molina! https://t.co/b09zZXUp9W, Jan 24