How to Apply
Students applying to the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) or the Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology (MCH EPI) programs must first meet the UIC School of Public Health admission requirements in order to apply. Preference for MCH and MCH EPI program admission is given to applicants who have had two or more years’ experience post baccalaureate education. Experience in public health, social service, and associated programs, along with clear professional goals related to MCH are desirable. New graduates with a bachelor’s degree are also considered.
How to Apply
Admissions to the UIC School of Public Health (UIC-SPH) are done in conjunction with the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS), the online centralized application service for schools of public health. Under this system, students can apply to multiple schools of public health using one application and one set of materials. SOPHAS will collect and process all applications and will forward them to each of the schools to which the student has chosen to apply.
Applications for master’s and doctoral degrees are only accepted for students starting in the fall semester. Applications for admission to the MCH or MCH EPI programs are routed through the Community Health Sciences (CHS) Division in the UIC School of Public Health. Applicants should select the appropriate degree program and concentration under Community Health Sciences in the “School Designations” section of the SOPHAS application. Letters of support and a statement of purpose highlighting your interests, prior experience, and career plans related to MCH or MCH EPI are also required.
Applicants not offered admission to the MCH or MCH EPI programs may be admitted to the comprehensive MPH Program in Community Health Sciences.
Applications for admission to any of the MCH degree programs are due each year by February 1 for domestic students and December 15 for international students. All applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible. Apply Now!
- RT @IllinoisLEND: The National Human Trafficking and Disabilities Work Group invites you to join an informational call Register here: https://t.co/HcocRSxpsD, Sep 21
- Congrats to MCHEPI students, Cara Bergo & Carla DeSisto for winning the Student Abstract & Student Poster Award at… https://t.co/2gWUHy7ndZ, Sep 20
- RT @SisterSong_WOC: Hear from Diana Bowman from SERVE Center next on "#ReproJustice and Education" Thurs, 9/28.… https://t.co/6x41pYIyY7, Sep 18
- RT @BlkMamasMatter: Kudos to @CityMCH for centering #ReproductiveJustice as a plenary to set the tone of this year's #CityMatCH confere… https://t.co/2105zFRDmO, Sep 18
- RT @TheRoot: Tune in to our FB Live discussion about the school-to-prison pipeline featuring @MomsRising on Friday at 12pm EST:… https://t.co/fj5b9o2eRf, Sep 7