How to Apply
Students applying to the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) or the Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology (MCH EPI) programs must first meet the UIC School of Public Health admission requirements in order to apply. Preference for MCH and MCH EPI program admission is given to applicants who have had two or more years’ experience post baccalaureate education. Experience in public health, social service, and associated programs, along with clear professional goals related to MCH are desirable. New graduates with a bachelor’s degree are also considered.
How to Apply
Admissions to the UIC School of Public Health (UIC-SPH) are done in conjunction with the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS), the online centralized application service for schools of public health. Under this system, students can apply to multiple schools of public health using one application and one set of materials. SOPHAS will collect and process all applications and will forward them to each of the schools to which the student has chosen to apply.
Applications for master’s and doctoral degrees are only accepted for students starting in the fall semester. Applications for admission to the MCH or MCH EPI programs are routed through the Community Health Sciences (CHS) Division in the UIC School of Public Health. Applicants should select the appropriate degree program and concentration under Community Health Sciences in the “School Designations” section of the SOPHAS application. Letters of support and a statement of purpose highlighting your interests, prior experience, and career plans related to MCH or MCH EPI are also required.
Applicants not offered admission to the MCH or MCH EPI programs may be admitted to the comprehensive MPH Program in Community Health Sciences.
Applications for admission to any of the MCH degree programs are due each year by February 1 for domestic students and December 15 for international students. All applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible. Apply Now!
- Erin Howes, MPH(c) writes about her experiences at the Making Lifelong Connections Meeting on the UIC-CoE Blog:…https://t.co/LxCxKchnqD, Apr 28
- MCH students present their capstone on SDOH & preterm births, mental health & Latinos, & smoking cessation in HIV+… https://t.co/W0VRHKDeL4, Apr 26
- MCH Faculty at the #marchforscience https://t.co/5RCfV3480B, Apr 24
- MCH alumni, faculty, and students at the UIC-SPH Alumni Celebration! #thisisUIC https://t.co/77I9fwRhvN, Apr 20
- UIC Students Izumi, Erin, Paula, and UIC alumni, Yuka at the 2017 Making Lifelong Connections Meeting! #thisisUIC https://t.co/cMW7bV8xiL, Apr 6