Write for the MCH Blog!
Blog entries should be about 2-5 paragraphs in length (and no more than 500 words)
- They should include a title and the names of authors
- You may embed links into the text of relevant websites, PDF documents, videos, etc.
- You don’t have to include a picture, but it is recommended
Blogs are usually informal and written in a conversational style. If you make claims or refer to research, provide appropriate citations in APA style.
Please contact Cindy San Miguel, Program Coordinator, with blog entries or ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will review any entries to ensure that they meet all the guidelines.
Ideas for possible blog entry topics include:
- Interviewing or telling the story of someone doing amazing work in MCH
- Current MCH students: Write about your experience related to a conference you attended, your capstone, your volunteer work, a site visit for a MCH class, or your practicum. Tell your story – why did you choose to work in MCH? What kind of work do you want to do in the future?
- Write an entry about the research project you are working on
- Write about a current MCH issue that you are passionate about
MCH Alumna Success Story – Christine Bozlak Combating Childhood Obesity
MCH Students Champion Human Milk Banking
Meet Amy Solsman – Current MCH Epidemiology Student
Shattering Families – How Mass Incarceration Harms Parents and Children
- RT @IllinoisLEND: The National Human Trafficking and Disabilities Work Group invites you to join an informational call Register here: https://t.co/HcocRSxpsD, Sep 21
- Congrats to MCHEPI students, Cara Bergo & Carla DeSisto for winning the Student Abstract & Student Poster Award at… https://t.co/2gWUHy7ndZ, Sep 20
- RT @SisterSong_WOC: Hear from Diana Bowman from SERVE Center next on "#ReproJustice and Education" Thurs, 9/28.… https://t.co/6x41pYIyY7, Sep 18
- RT @BlkMamasMatter: Kudos to @CityMCH for centering #ReproductiveJustice as a plenary to set the tone of this year's #CityMatCH confere… https://t.co/2105zFRDmO, Sep 18
- RT @TheRoot: Tune in to our FB Live discussion about the school-to-prison pipeline featuring @MomsRising on Friday at 12pm EST:… https://t.co/fj5b9o2eRf, Sep 7