Write for the MCH Blog!
Blog entries should be about 2-5 paragraphs in length (and no more than 500 words)
- They should include a title and the names of authors
- You may embed links into the text of relevant websites, PDF documents, videos, etc.
- You don’t have to include a picture, but it is recommended
Blogs are usually informal and written in a conversational style. If you make claims or refer to research, provide appropriate citations in APA style.
Please contact Cindy San Miguel, Program Coordinator, with blog entries or ideas at email@example.com. She will review any entries to ensure that they meet all the guidelines.
Ideas for possible blog entry topics include:
- Interviewing or telling the story of someone doing amazing work in MCH
- Current MCH students: Write about your experience related to a conference you attended, your capstone, your volunteer work, a site visit for a MCH class, or your practicum. Tell your story – why did you choose to work in MCH? What kind of work do you want to do in the future?
- Write an entry about the research project you are working on
- Write about a current MCH issue that you are passionate about
MCH Alumna Success Story – Christine Bozlak Combating Childhood Obesity
MCH Students Champion Human Milk Banking
Meet Amy Solsman – Current MCH Epidemiology Student
Shattering Families – How Mass Incarceration Harms Parents and Children
- Where is the M in MCH? Katie Garland attends the Mother's Day March & advocates 4 better health outcomes 4 mothers. https://t.co/9mBUu2FEVY, Jun 20
- CoE-MCH blog post on Dr.Jeni Hebert-Beirne's research on women's health #ThisisPublicHealth #ThisisUIC #womenshealth https://t.co/e6IC5Nbrhu, May 30
- Dr. Art James discusses structural racism & infant mortality during Advisory Committee Meeting #ThisisPublicHealth https://t.co/C9nROYlczS, May 25
- Arden Handler, DrPH talks about the importance of women-centered care. #ThisisPublicHealth https://t.co/Piu0SbosFo, May 15
- Erin Howes, MPH(c) writes about her experiences at the Making Lifelong Connections Meeting on the UIC-CoE Blog:…https://t.co/LxCxKchnqD, Apr 28