Internships & Practicum Opportunities
MPH in Maternal and Child Health students are required to engage in a 320 hour practicum to acquire experience and develop skills in the application of public health concepts in MCH. Most students complete their field experience between their first and second year in the program, however this is not required. Students must register for IPHS 650 and have their placement approved by the program.
Practicum for MPH in MCH Epidemiology Students
MPH in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology students are given the opportunity to apply for the Graduate Student Epidemiology Program through the Maternal and Child Health Bureau. Students are connected with public health departments across the U.S. to apply their skills in MCH epidemiology. They are provided a $4,000 stipend and earn 5 credit hours for their degree.
MCH Epi students may also also choose to apply for epidemiology internships at a state or local public health department, and practicum opportunities must be approved by the program.
Practicum Opportunities for MPH in Maternal and Child Health Students
Maternal and Child Health students can choose to do their internships at non-profit organizations, public health departments, and other health agencies in Chicago, the United States, or abroad. The experience must be related to improving the health of the maternal and child population. Some sites that often host MCH students include:
- National MCH Workforce Development Center’s
- EverThrive Illinois
- Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children
- Voices for Illinois Children
- Health and Medicine Policy Research Group
Click here for more information on practicum requirements at the School of Public Health. Students can direct general practicum questions to Jaime Klaus at 312-355-4272 or email@example.com. Students in the Community Health Sciences Division should contact Dr. Brenikki Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in identifying field practicum opportunities that will best meet their learning goals and needs.
- Congratulations to our students who did a great job presenting their posters on MCH Systems! #ThisisPublicHealth… https://t.co/IZcCBGvDWn, 15 hours ago
- Job Posting: Manager of Institutional Relations for Chicago Foundation for Women https://t.co/1XdToretHU, 15 hours ago
- The Healthy Schools Campaign is looking for a State Policy and Advocacy Manager! To learn more: https://t.co/uZFXBoM5rm, Dec 11
- AMHP is Hiring! Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Part-Time, Remote). Learn more: https://t.co/BZ8WbxdvUX, Dec 11
- Are you an MCH students looking for an internship? Check out this video on the Title V MCH Internship Program: https://t.co/lnK93MEtWk, Dec 8