Joint Degree Programs and Program Concentrations
Joint Degree Programs
Joint and coordinated programs at the UIC School of Public Health enable students to earn two degrees concurrently. Students may complete their MPH and a second Master’s degree in another department in a reduced time frame. Maternal and Child Health students can work with their advisor to ensure that they complete the requirements for the MCH concentration and their division (Community Health Sciences or Epidemiology). For more complete information about the joint degree course and capstone requirements, please refer to the Joint Degree Program Information .
The following joint degree programs are offered at the UIC School of Public Health:
- MA in Anthropology/MPH
Additionally, MCH PhD students in the Epidemiology Division are eligible to concurrently pursue their MD degree.
The School of Public Health offers five interdepartmental concentrations that are available to MCH MPH students. This provides Maternal and Child Health students the opportunity to add competencies and knowledge in additional issues of interest. The following concentrations can be completed by MPH or PhD students in either the Community Health Sciences or Epidemiology divisions. These concentrations include:
- Violence Studies
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Global Health
- Survey Research Methodology
- Women’s Health
Click here for more information about these concentrations.
Fellowship in Family Planning
The Fellowship in Family Planning is a fellowship focused on sub-specialist training in research, teaching and clinical practice in abortion and contraception. The Fellowship in Family Planning is open to physicians who have completed an accredited United States OB-GYN or family medicine residency program.
- Dr. Art James discusses structural racism & infant mortality during Advisory Committee Meeting #ThisisPublicHealth https://t.co/C9nROYlczS, May 25
- Arden Handler, DrPH talks about the importance of women-centered care. #ThisisPublicHealth https://t.co/Piu0SbosFo, May 15
- Erin Howes, MPH(c) writes about her experiences at the Making Lifelong Connections Meeting on the UIC-CoE Blog:…https://t.co/LxCxKchnqD, Apr 28
- MCH students present their capstone on SDOH & preterm births, mental health & Latinos, & smoking cessation in HIV+… https://t.co/W0VRHKDeL4, Apr 26
- MCH Faculty at the #marchforscience https://t.co/5RCfV3480B, Apr 24