Alumni-Student Mentor Program
The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE) in Maternal and Child Health will launch an alumni-student mentor program in Fall 2016. All second year UIC CoE in MCH students will be matched with a mentor for one year. Students will gain knowledge about the job market and the MCH field while receiving advice about professional and personal development opportunities. This program will increase the students’ self-awareness and assist them in their journeys as they become leaders in the MCH workforce.
The mentors must be graduates of the UIC CoE in MCH and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Alumni mentors are required to attend the orientation and meet with their mentees twice a semester (either by phone or in person). The program will also host workshops that focus on management training and career development that alumni are welcome to attend but these are not required.
MCH students are required to attend the orientation, meet with their mentors twice a semester, and attend at least 1-2 professional or career development workshops each year.
Alumni and current students fill out a short application form to aid in the matching process. If you are interested in participating in this program please contact Cindy San Miguel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Art James discusses structural racism & infant mortality during Advisory Committee Meeting #ThisisPublicHealth https://t.co/C9nROYlczS, May 25
- Arden Handler, DrPH talks about the importance of women-centered care. #ThisisPublicHealth https://t.co/Piu0SbosFo, May 15
- Erin Howes, MPH(c) writes about her experiences at the Making Lifelong Connections Meeting on the UIC-CoE Blog:…https://t.co/LxCxKchnqD, Apr 28
- MCH students present their capstone on SDOH & preterm births, mental health & Latinos, & smoking cessation in HIV+… https://t.co/W0VRHKDeL4, Apr 26
- MCH Faculty at the #marchforscience https://t.co/5RCfV3480B, Apr 24