Alumni-Student Mentor Program
The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE) in Maternal and Child Health will launch an alumni-student mentor program in Fall 2016. All second year UIC CoE in MCH students will be matched with a mentor for one year. Students will gain knowledge about the job market and the MCH field while receiving advice about professional and personal development opportunities. This program will increase the students’ self-awareness and assist them in their journeys as they become leaders in the MCH workforce.
The mentors must be graduates of the UIC CoE in MCH and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Alumni mentors are required to attend the orientation and meet with their mentees twice a semester (either by phone or in person). The program will also host workshops that focus on management training and career development that alumni are welcome to attend but these are not required.
MCH students are required to attend the orientation, meet with their mentors twice a semester, and attend at least 1-2 professional or career development workshops each year.
Alumni and current students fill out a short application form to aid in the matching process. If you are interested in participating in this program please contact Cindy San Miguel at email@example.com.
- RT @MCHinAction: FB group https://t.co/1Po38ZU87y to connect #MCH #students and #alums. Spread the word @UNCMCH @HarvardMch @UW_MCH @UMN_MCH @MatChildHlthUIC, Jul 25
- Author, Janet Murphy, from City Limits, contribute to the CoE-MCH Blog and writes about maternal morbidity in NYC. https://t.co/Dauf1A6ssz, Jul 25
- MCH Trainee, Vidya Visvabharathy, named as a 2017-2018 Schweitzer Fellow! Congratulations Vidya! https://t.co/hDpZQg0nOs, Jul 20
- Where is the M in MCH? Katie Garland attends the Mother's Day March & advocates 4 better health outcomes 4 mothers. https://t.co/9mBUu2FEVY, Jun 20
- CoE-MCH blog post on Dr.Jeni Hebert-Beirne's research on women's health #ThisisPublicHealth #ThisisUIC #womenshealth https://t.co/e6IC5Nbrhu, May 30