Alumni-Student Mentor Program
The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE) in Maternal and Child Health will launch an alumni-student mentor program in Fall 2016. All second year UIC CoE in MCH students will be matched with a mentor for one year. Students will gain knowledge about the job market and the MCH field while receiving advice about professional and personal development opportunities. This program will increase the students’ self-awareness and assist them in their journeys as they become leaders in the MCH workforce.
The mentors must be graduates of the UIC CoE in MCH and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Alumni mentors are required to attend the orientation and meet with their mentees twice a semester (either by phone or in person). The program will also host workshops that focus on management training and career development that alumni are welcome to attend but these are not required.
MCH students are required to attend the orientation, meet with their mentors twice a semester, and attend at least 1-2 professional or career development workshops each year.
Alumni and current students fill out a short application form to aid in the matching process. If you are interested in participating in this program please contact Cindy San Miguel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Karla Altmayer from Healing to Action speaks about women in blue collar industries and sexual violence https://t.co/bgsx0MFQXM, Mar 22
- Don't forget to register for this awesome event happening THIS THURSDAY! Register here: https://t.co/j7hMUiRdyG https://t.co/d7VrbLcc06, Mar 5
- You're invited to the Health Outcomes Seminar Series talk about Innovative Strategies for Improving Women’s Health… https://t.co/OM4rKlugAe, Mar 2
- Save the date for the EverThrive IL Contraceptive Justice Symposium on 4/19 @ UIC Forum! https://t.co/lOtwzeFfNP https://t.co/Moiz5u4g5D, Feb 27
- Join EverThrive IL for the latest from Follow Her Lead: a Speaker Series for Emerging Women Leaders. Leveraging Pas… https://t.co/6mQgbD8eQ1, Feb 23