About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
To check out our upcoming events look here: https://coeinmch.uic.edu/professional-development/uic-mchp-events/
- IL ACEs Response Collaborative presents Shifting the Focus: Prioritizing the Developmental Needs of Infants and Tod… https://t.co/xIVWn03Dur, Sep 16
- Webinar - Identifying and Engaging Women with Substance Use Disorder in Prenatal Care SEPTEMBER 23, 2019 12:00PM –… https://t.co/brZI8s7VxJ, Sep 13
- #MCH trainee, Kim Silva, led @uicpublichealth in organizing a donation drive for folks impacted by the… https://t.co/VpW5KmUh1y, Sep 12
- Webinar: Children in Detention: Critical Clinical, Legal, Policy, and Human Rights Issues for Health Professionals… https://t.co/5cSaPTc5gp, Sep 12
- Children’s Mental Health and the Life Course Model A Virtual Workshop Series - September 16, 2019, 1:30-3:00 (Easte… https://t.co/hVVHSpyeh8, Sep 10