About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
To check out our upcoming events look here: https://coeinmch.uic.edu/professional-development/uic-mchp-events/
- "Understanding and demanding equity for black women’s health, specifically related to maternal mortality, is all c… https://t.co/DzGlIj11j7, 12 mins ago
- UC Berkeley Center of Excellence in Maternal, Child, & Adolescent Health are now offering a self-directed, open-sou… https://t.co/8XlkXsJRtT, 23 hours ago
- Are you an MCH alumni looking for a #bookclub this summer? Tulane and UIC Centers of Excellence in #MCH are partne… https://t.co/9C1TcRGj0l, Mar 20
- RT @UN_Women: Women and girls often face discriminatory barriers, gender gaps and biases when it comes to their sexual and reprod… https://t.co/930uHwYkx3, Mar 18
- RT @IWPResearch: A7: Some states have greater access to child care than others. See more research on #studentparents at a state-by-s… https://t.co/mXRGxqJRJm, Mar 18