About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
To check out our upcoming events look here: https://coeinmch.uic.edu/professional-development/uic-mchp-events/
- Thank you @HealthConnctOne and @EverThriveIL for joining us to talk about community-driven doula programs!… https://t.co/uVyYcCSsXm, Apr 20
- "I felt like I was able to share with others who are experts in maternal & child health and showcase one of the bes… https://t.co/6ngIItJplM, Apr 17
- Race is not a risk factor for Maternal Health, #Racism is. Thank you @doccrearperry for this fantastic article.… https://t.co/G7DZiGi8xH, Apr 16
- Join Planned Parenthood Generation Action for Take Back the Night 4/18 3-5pm @ UIC Atrium w/i SCE, 750 S. Halsted S… https://t.co/bn36anjf8N, Apr 16
- #Workforce development is a critical part of public health work! We need folks who have content expertise in #MCH.… https://t.co/oNo09ZBmgo, Apr 11