About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
To check out our upcoming events look here: https://coeinmch.uic.edu/professional-development/uic-mchp-events/
- WEBINAR: Strategies for Centering Equity in Early Care and Education Thursday, November 7, 2019 10-11am Pacific / 1… https://t.co/rMTSQwfaAq, Oct 15
- Check out this new data related to children's health! "one in three children under the age of 18 were reported to… https://t.co/yxTofvQMcx, Oct 14
- It's Children's Environmental Health Day! ISCHE is a non-profit scientific society whose goal is to enhance peopl… https://t.co/xmNXgatzle, Oct 10
- National Center for School Mental Health present "Advancing Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems: Guidance fr… https://t.co/XqwsPLhsg1, Sep 23
- Thank you @@EverThriveIL for inviting 5 of our MCH trainees to join you at your annual benefit last Thursday! Congr… https://t.co/XCqqxeOnyE, Sep 23