About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE in MCH), formerly the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP), trains students to support and promote the health and well-being of women, children, and families. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding the complex factors that affect population health and health disparities. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
To provide undergraduate and graduate students and working professionals with a rigorous evidence-informed academic program steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with communities and Title V partners leading to the development of local to global leaders focused on supporting the health and well-being of women, children, and families.
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and social justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
To check out our upcoming events look here: https://coeinmch.uic.edu/professional-development/uic-mchp-events/
- New Job Posting Job Description – Community Engagement Coordinator @EverThriveIL For more information: https://t.co/htQcY5X8U2, Nov 14
- Read this report on the association of Adverse Childhood Experiences and adult health conditions: Estimated Propor… https://t.co/9GvpnMwBth, Nov 14
- Record Linkage and Data Integration for Maternal and Child Health Research Thursday, December 12, 2019 from 2:00 PM… https://t.co/D2qrEcY9zr, Nov 13
- Over 69,000 children have been held in custody by the US government in the year thus far, up 42% from the previous… https://t.co/abFfsGgfNb, Nov 13
- NPR recently published an article on #childhood #trauma and its long-term health impacts. Read the story here:… https://t.co/ujQ6xL1CNs, Nov 12