About the Center of Excellence
The UIC Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health (CoE-MCH) builds and strengthens the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) workforce by training graduate and undergraduate public health students and working professionals in MCH; and, 2) by advancing MCH science, research, practice, and policy. The Center emphasizes multi-level approaches to understanding and addressing the complex factors that affect the health and well-being of women, children, and families. An essential ingredient is the partnerships we have with public and private agencies serving the MCH population and the communities in which MCH problems are prevalent. The Center is committed to scientific rigor, evidence-based public health practice, and the principles of participatory and collaborative research and practice.
The mission of the UIC-SPH CoE-MCH is to provide graduate students and working professionals with rigorous evidence-informed curricula and programs steeped in social justice, practical experience, and collaboration with Title V, its partners, and local communities. The program is designed to develop leaders with vision, creativity, and a commitment to life-long learning and action, to improve the health and well-being of women, children, and families including children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN).
To be a maternal and child health center of academic excellence that builds public health capacity, fosters health equity and racial, social, and economic justice, and develops leaders across the workforce continuum in order to strengthen individuals, families, and communities and cultivate a culture of health and well-being for all.
To check out our upcoming events look here: https://coeinmch.uic.edu/professional-development/uic-mchp-events/
- #Masks4MOMsIL needs your help now more than ever! Donate reusable cloth masks and help our pregnant neighbors stay… https://t.co/0XjeiKgfyq, Jul 1
- Right now, wearing a facemask is how we care for our communities. #Masks4MomsIL is supporting pregnant people acro… https://t.co/jkPnAplfza, Jun 24
- #Masks4MOMsIL has collected & shared over 7,000 reusable cloth masks to pregnant people across the Chicago area, bu… https://t.co/pgs0ujVj1Y, Jun 17
- #Masks4MOMsIL has collected & shared over 7,000 reusable cloth masks to pregnant people across the Chicago area, bu… https://t.co/fVLDw77rcx, Jun 17
- Looking for Marketing & Social Media Intern Administrative Assistant Intern. https://t.co/S8xxMLLEwd, Jun 3