Write for the MCH Blog!
Blog entries should be about 2-5 paragraphs in length (and no more than 500 words)
- They should include a title and the names of authors
- You may embed links into the text of relevant websites, PDF documents, videos, etc.
- You don’t have to include a picture, but it is recommended
Blogs are usually informal and written in a conversational style. If you make claims or refer to research, provide appropriate citations in APA style.
Please contact Cindy San Miguel, Program Coordinator, with blog entries or ideas at email@example.com. She will review any entries to ensure that they meet all the guidelines.
Ideas for possible blog entry topics include:
- Interviewing or telling the story of someone doing amazing work in MCH
- Current MCH students: Write about your experience related to a conference you attended, your capstone, your volunteer work, a site visit for a MCH class, or your practicum. Tell your story – why did you choose to work in MCH? What kind of work do you want to do in the future?
- Write an entry about the research project you are working on
- Write about a current MCH issue that you are passionate about
MCH Alumna Success Story – Christine Bozlak Combating Childhood Obesity
MCH Students Champion Human Milk Banking
Meet Amy Solsman – Current MCH Epidemiology Student
Shattering Families – How Mass Incarceration Harms Parents and Children
- IL ACEs Response Collaborative presents Shifting the Focus: Prioritizing the Developmental Needs of Infants and Tod… https://t.co/xIVWn03Dur, Sep 16
- Webinar - Identifying and Engaging Women with Substance Use Disorder in Prenatal Care SEPTEMBER 23, 2019 12:00PM –… https://t.co/brZI8s7VxJ, Sep 13
- #MCH trainee, Kim Silva, led @uicpublichealth in organizing a donation drive for folks impacted by the… https://t.co/VpW5KmUh1y, Sep 12
- Webinar: Children in Detention: Critical Clinical, Legal, Policy, and Human Rights Issues for Health Professionals… https://t.co/5cSaPTc5gp, Sep 12
- Children’s Mental Health and the Life Course Model A Virtual Workshop Series - September 16, 2019, 1:30-3:00 (Easte… https://t.co/hVVHSpyeh8, Sep 10