Write for the MCH Blog!
Blog entries should be about 2-5 paragraphs in length (and no more than 500 words)
- They should include a title and the names of authors
- You may embed links into the text of relevant websites, PDF documents, videos, etc.
- You don’t have to include a picture, but it is recommended
Blogs are usually informal and written in a conversational style. If you make claims or refer to research, provide appropriate citations in APA style.
Please contact Cindy San Miguel, Program Coordinator, with blog entries or ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will review any entries to ensure that they meet all the guidelines.
Ideas for possible blog entry topics include:
- Interviewing or telling the story of someone doing amazing work in MCH
- Current MCH students: Write about your experience related to a conference you attended, your capstone, your volunteer work, a site visit for a MCH class, or your practicum. Tell your story – why did you choose to work in MCH? What kind of work do you want to do in the future?
- Write an entry about the research project you are working on
- Write about a current MCH issue that you are passionate about
MCH Alumna Success Story – Christine Bozlak Combating Childhood Obesity
MCH Students Champion Human Milk Banking
Meet Amy Solsman – Current MCH Epidemiology Student
Shattering Families – How Mass Incarceration Harms Parents and Children
- Breastfeeding Recommendations for Women Impacted by Opioid Use Disorder and Infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndro… https://t.co/DzQ6TiGWUe, Jul 16
- Let's talk about the Fourth Trimester. Read this woman's personal story https://t.co/ue8IgWBMNT, Jul 9
- Let's consider what impact this change will have on MCH systems. https://t.co/mkAEEaAFun, Jul 3
- Today we honored & remembered Dr. Naomi Morris & her contributions to the UIC School of Public Health, the divisio… https://t.co/uXwp9BEaM2, Jun 24
- RT @MCH_USF: Communities recognized for work to improve public health: Healthiest Cities & Counties Challenge. The results are i… https://t.co/Vl88GQpQqo, Jun 7