Leadership Development and Coaching For MCH Professionals
A Program for MCH Professionals in DHHS Regions V & VII
Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa
The Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is committed to providing easily accessible, engaging, and efficient leadership development opportunities for MCH professionals. In the broad field of MCH, there are many and varied opportunities to develop leadership capacity related to a specific skill-set and/or knowledge base; however, there are limited opportunities to engage in personal leadership development and to establish strong communities-of-practice in which members support one another in exploring their goals and vision for MCH. In response, the UIC MCHP is offering this exciting 6-month, distance-based professional leadership development and coaching program that is designed to create a community-of-practice and also address the unique and individual leadership development and coaching needs of each participant.
The program includes monthly group leadership development phone calls and monthly, individual coaching sessions with a professional leadership coach. All work takes place by phone. The target audience includes intergenerational, interdisciplinary MCH professionals in DHHS Regions V and VII who work in a Title V-funded program or an MCHB-funded training program (LEND, LEAH, PPC, SPH, Nutrition, etc.). Participants may include senior level leaders, mid-level managers, emerging leaders, and young professionals. Participants will be selected for inclusion in this program based on completion of an application and submission of a 1-2 page Letter of Interest. The program begins Friday, June 25, 2010. The application is due Friday, May 28, 2010.
Participants in this program will:
- Identify their leadership strengths and action steps to support the enhancement of these strengths. [Strengths Based Leadership]
- Identify their leadership gaps and steps to address noted gaps.
- Align their decision-making process with personal/professional values.
- Engage in self-reflection exercises to enhance personal leadership and explore opportunities to improve their skill set, work satisfaction, and level of work engagement.
- Identify sources of personal reward and rejuvenation to sustain productivity and MCH commitment.
- Explore their passion for MCH and engage in work that has the impact they desire.
- Create a leadership development action plan to support their ongoing leadership development and commitment to the field of MCH.
The program and professional coaching will be delivered by UIC MCHP Continuing Education Director, Kris Risley, DrPH, CPCC. She is a certified professional coach trained through the Coaches Training Institute (CTI). Additional CTI-trained coaches will also provide coaching sessions.
Program Cost: $1800/person.
If you are a senior level leader with a desire to take on different responsibilities or you would like to develop and carry out a new vision, you are a young professional or emerging leader exploring your career path, you are burned out in your existing work environment, you are ready to move to the next level, or you simply have more to offer, please consider this program.
For additional information and to request application materials, please contact Kris Risley via email/phone firstname.lastname@example.org/312-996-2875 or Jaime Klaus at email@example.com/312-996-0724. If you are not in DHHS Regions V or VII but are interested in bringing this program to your region, please let us know.