Dr. Naomi Morris Alumni Award
Dr. Naomi Morris started the MCH program at UIC in 1982, and has devoted her life and career to improving the health and well-being of women, children, and families. In 2010, with a generous contribution from Dr. Morris to the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, the Naomi Morris Distinguished Alumni Awards were established. In an interview she stated, “it’s important to recognize and honor our alumni and their impact on the health and wellness of our communities.” She added, “I am thrilled to have worked with so many dedicated and talented students over the years. This is the least I can do to distinguish their strengths as public health professionals.”
The Dr. Naomi Morris Alumni Award is given annually to two members of UIC SPH alumni body, one from the UIC CoE in MCH and one from the Community Health Sciences Division. The selection committee particularly looks for individuals who have achieved national, regional, or statewide prominence either in their professional fields or through their involvement in civic, cultural, or charitable activities as they relate to the field of maternal and child health. Please contact the Office of Advancement with questions at 312.996.0760 or SPHadvancement@uic.edu.
- Announcing the new Child and Family Data Archive! <https://t.co/nA7PMBaz0g> The new Child and Family Data Archive… https://t.co/32Tjopi2xy, 10 hours ago
- New Job Posting: Data Analyst - Health and Wellness https://t.co/kSusUuqDGe This position will be responsible for c… https://t.co/cVsdEZbbsv, 13 hours ago
- Listening to Dr. Dzung Vo talk about mindfulness and building adolescent mental health resiliency. Learn more about… https://t.co/Ngj6tF0Fj0, 15 hours ago
- Job Posting: Outreach Coordinator - Health & Family Planning To Apply and Find Out More: https://t.co/lfxM7Mmdp0, Nov 19
- Breastfeeding Equity Townhall https://t.co/HiZOzzu4CC, Nov 19