Dr. Naomi Morris Alumni Award
Dr. Naomi Morris started the MCH program at UIC in 1983, and devoted her life and career to improving the health and well-being of women, children, and families. In 2010, with a generous contribution from Dr. Morris to the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, the Naomi Morris Alumni Awards were established. In an interview she stated, “it’s important to recognize and honor our alumni and their impact on the health and wellness of our communities.” She added, “I am thrilled to have worked with so many dedicated and talented students over the years. This is the least I can do to distinguish their strengths as public health professionals.”
The Dr. Naomi Morris Alumni Awards are given annually to two members of UIC SPH alumni body, one from the UIC CoE-MCH and one from the Community Health Sciences Division. The selection committee particularly looks for individuals who have achieved national, regional, or statewide prominence either in their professional fields or through their involvement in civic, cultural, or charitable activities as they relate to the field of maternal and child health or community health. Please contact the Office of Advancement with questions at (312) 355-3027 or SPHadvancement@uic.edu.
- #Masks4MOMsIL needs your help now more than ever! Donate reusable cloth masks and help our pregnant neighbors stay… https://t.co/0XjeiKgfyq, Jul 1
- Right now, wearing a facemask is how we care for our communities. #Masks4MomsIL is supporting pregnant people acro… https://t.co/jkPnAplfza, Jun 24
- #Masks4MOMsIL has collected & shared over 7,000 reusable cloth masks to pregnant people across the Chicago area, bu… https://t.co/pgs0ujVj1Y, Jun 17
- #Masks4MOMsIL has collected & shared over 7,000 reusable cloth masks to pregnant people across the Chicago area, bu… https://t.co/fVLDw77rcx, Jun 17
- Looking for Marketing & Social Media Intern Administrative Assistant Intern. https://t.co/S8xxMLLEwd, Jun 3