Dr. Naomi Morris Alumni Award
Dr. Naomi Morris started the MCH program at UIC in 1982, and has devoted her life and career to improving the health and well-being of women, children, and families. In 2010, with a generous contribution from Dr. Morris to the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, the Naomi Morris Distinguished Alumni Awards were established. In an interview she stated, “it’s important to recognize and honor our alumni and their impact on the health and wellness of our communities.” She added, “I am thrilled to have worked with so many dedicated and talented students over the years. This is the least I can do to distinguish their strengths as public health professionals.”
The Dr. Naomi Morris Alumni Award is given annually to two members of UIC SPH alumni body, one from the UIC CoE in MCH and one from the Community Health Sciences Division. The selection committee particularly looks for individuals who have achieved national, regional, or statewide prominence either in their professional fields or through their involvement in civic, cultural, or charitable activities as they relate to the field of maternal and child health. Please contact the Office of Advancement with questions at 312.996.0760 or SPHadvancement@uic.edu.
- MCH trainee and doctoral student, Genevieve Rizzo, shares her experience at the 2019 ational Sexual Health Conferen… https://t.co/cLie4aWV0x, Aug 15
- Read this recent article from The Nation's Health: Programs work from within to prevent black maternal deaths: Wor… https://t.co/ymWC9FStPx, Aug 15
- Congratulations to our MCH trainee, Angelica Cabrera, winner of the @ILPublicHealth Edith Heide Memorial Scholarship!, Aug 14
- CHOCOLATE MILK: A feature documentary on the racial divide in breastfeeding, by @ElizabethBayne Join… https://t.co/NSzEkzKBRN, Aug 13
- Read this interesting article on the implications of the repeal of Roe vs. Wade: "Predicted changes in abortion ac… https://t.co/yqGsq96D55, Aug 12