Dr. Naomi Morris Alumni Award
Dr. Naomi Morris started the MCH program at UIC in 1982, and has devoted her life and career to improving the health and well-being of women, children, and families. In 2010, with a generous contribution from Dr. Morris to the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, the Naomi Morris Distinguished Alumni Awards were established. In an interview she stated, “it’s important to recognize and honor our alumni and their impact on the health and wellness of our communities.” She added, “I am thrilled to have worked with so many dedicated and talented students over the years. This is the least I can do to distinguish their strengths as public health professionals.”
The Dr. Naomi Morris Alumni Award is given annually to two members of UIC SPH alumni body, one from the UIC CoE in MCH and one from the Community Health Sciences Division. The selection committee particularly looks for individuals who have achieved national, regional, or statewide prominence either in their professional fields or through their involvement in civic, cultural, or charitable activities as they relate to the field of maternal and child health. Please contact the Office of Advancement with questions at 312.996.0760 or SPHadvancement@uic.edu.
- Check out this recent publication on the relationship of abstinence-only education and adolescent pregnancy: "Fund… https://t.co/uY0nYMa6rV, Feb 11
- RT @SisterSong_WOC: Stacey Abrams mentioned “Reproductive Justice” in her #SOTU response. Not sure what that is? Learn more:… https://t.co/y5bi5CgGKy, Feb 6
- RT @PHIdotorg: Via @NPRHealth: 'Fourth Trimester' Problems Can Have Long-Term Effects On A Mom's Health: https://t.co/7XAI00PQMj #pregnancy #publichealth, Jan 30
- RT @ZEROTOTHREE: Absolutely! A1.1 #Infants & toddlers in food insecure families are 90% more likely to be in poor health & are also… https://t.co/i4dfJyrUwR, Jan 29
- RT @cher_chicago: @MatChildHlthUIC is thrilled to invite Charlene Carruthers, author of Unapologetic: A Black, Queer, and Feminist Ma… https://t.co/eQMxTZI4ju, Jan 27