MPH in MCH or MCH Epidemiology
MPH in Maternal and Child Health
The Master of Public Health in Maternal Child Health Program requires an additional 15-16 credits above the 49 credits required for the Community Health Sciences Division. The program provides competencies and expertise in MCH research, policy and advocacy, and systems and health care delivery.
Selected required courses include:
MCH Delivery Systems: Services, Programs, and Policies (CHSC 511)
Translating Evidence for MCH Practice (CHSC 512)
MCH Policy and Advocacy (CHSC 543)
MPH in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology
The Master of Public Health in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology requires an additional 29-30 credit hours, and can be completed by full-time students in two years. Students can choose to have an academic advisor in the Community Health Sciences or Epidemiology Departments. An MPH in MCH Epi provides competencies in epidemiology for the MCH population, research methods in MCH, biostatistics, MCH policy and advocacy, and systems and health care delivery.
Selected courses include:
Intermediate Epidemiologic Methods (EPID 404)
Epidemiologic Computing (EPID 406)
The Epidemiology of HIV/AIDS (EPID 409)
Readings in Reproductive and Perinatal Epidemiology (CHSC 548)
For a full list of courses, please see the MPH Degree Student Handbook.
MCH Practicum and Capstone
Maternal and Child Health students’ field placements are 320 hours and earn students 5 credit hours towards their MPH. MCH practica are typically at nonprofit organizations, government entities, or public health agencies, and are an opportunity to apply MCH concepts learned in the classroom and gain experience in practice. Click here more information about practicum opportunities.
- RT @IllinoisLEND: The National Human Trafficking and Disabilities Work Group invites you to join an informational call Register here: https://t.co/HcocRSxpsD, Sep 21
- Congrats to MCHEPI students, Cara Bergo & Carla DeSisto for winning the Student Abstract & Student Poster Award at… https://t.co/2gWUHy7ndZ, Sep 20
- RT @SisterSong_WOC: Hear from Diana Bowman from SERVE Center next on "#ReproJustice and Education" Thurs, 9/28.… https://t.co/6x41pYIyY7, Sep 18
- RT @BlkMamasMatter: Kudos to @CityMCH for centering #ReproductiveJustice as a plenary to set the tone of this year's #CityMatCH confere… https://t.co/2105zFRDmO, Sep 18
- RT @TheRoot: Tune in to our FB Live discussion about the school-to-prison pipeline featuring @MomsRising on Friday at 12pm EST:… https://t.co/fj5b9o2eRf, Sep 7