MPH in MCH or MCH Epidemiology
MPH in Maternal and Child Health
The Master of Public Health in Maternal Child Health Program requires an estimated additional 15-16 credits that allow students to meet the required 45 credit hours for the Community Health Sciences Division. The program provides competencies and expertise in MCH research, policy and advocacy, and systems and health care delivery.
Selected required courses include:
MCH Delivery Systems: Services, Programs, and Policies (CHSC 511)
Translating Evidence for MCH Practice (CHSC 512)
MCH Policy and Advocacy (CHSC 543)
MPH in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology
The Master of Public Health in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology requires an additional 29-30 credit hours, and can be completed by full-time students in two years. Students can choose to have an academic advisor in the Community Health Sciences or Epidemiology Departments. An MPH in MCH Epi provides competencies in epidemiology for the MCH population, research methods in MCH, biostatistics, MCH policy and advocacy, and systems and health care delivery.
Selected courses include:
Intermediate Epidemiologic Methods (EPID 404)
Epidemiologic Computing (EPID 406)
The Epidemiology of HIV/AIDS (EPID 409)
Readings in Reproductive and Perinatal Epidemiology (CHSC 548)
For a full list of courses, please see the MPH Degree Student Handbook.
MCH Applied Practice Experience and Capstone
Maternal and Child Health students’ field placements are between 192-320 hours and earn students 3-5 credit hours towards their MPH. MCH applied practice experiences are typically at nonprofit organizations, government entities, or public health agencies, and are an opportunity to apply MCH concepts learned in the classroom and gain experience in practice. Click here more information about applied practice experience opportunities.
- Presented by: Janine Hill, BS, MPH, PhD(c) – President, Soar Strategies About: In addition to public health conte… https://t.co/yec1Th7Hgy, Jan 16
- Current and former MCH Trainees: the 9th annual Making Lifelong Connections Meeting is now accepting for applicatio… https://t.co/iETzA4SCf1, Jan 10
- #JobPosting: Louisiana Public Health Institute is recruiting for a Senior Epidemiologist to work within the Bureau… https://t.co/YPEXm8mqo8, Dec 19
- AMCHP DC Legislative Alert! Preventing Maternal Deaths Act Heads to the President! On Thursday, Dec. 13, the Sena… https://t.co/FsSPQNfRcc, Dec 14
- RT @Guttmacher: States that refused to implement #ACA #Medicaid expansion had more than double the uninsured rate as expansion stat… https://t.co/3IVTh2tYHM, Dec 6