The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE- MCH) has a national reputation for delivering continuing education (CE) programs and providing technical assistance (TA) to our public health agency and training partners. We host several seminars and workshops and we partner with the University of North Carolina to provide CE and TA services through the National MCH Workforce Development Center (NMCHWDC).
THE NATIONAL MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT CENTER
The National Maternal and Child Health Workforce Development Center at UNC Chapel Hill (the Center) funded by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau of HRSA offers state and territorial Title V leaders training, collaborative learning, coaching and consultation using a variety of learning platforms.
The Center uses cutting edge tools and techniques to move the maternal and child health field one step further, leveraging health transformation opportunities to improve the health of women and children. The free services can range from a simple telephone consultation to online resources to intensive technical assistance, including site visits and coaching. The Center also engages graduate and undergraduate students who are considering careers in public health/MCH.
The UIC CoE-MCH faculty and staff work with the Center to implement the Title V MCH Internship Program, a summer internship program in which graduate students in Maternal and Child Health from Centers of Excellence in MCH and Catalyst Programs are paired with students from undergraduate MCH Pipeline programs to work in state Title V agencies.
- Please see the job description for an Advocate position with Swedish Hospital’s Violence Prevention Program at the… https://t.co/mrfHeNTjBh, 14 hours ago
- Sinai Urban Health Institute looking to fill a couple Research Specialist positions! A good fit for newly graduated… https://t.co/5TByufNvJf, Aug 11
- #Masks4MOMsIL needs your help now more than ever! Donate reusable cloth masks and help our pregnant neighbors stay… https://t.co/0XjeiKgfyq, Jul 1
- Right now, wearing a facemask is how we care for our communities. #Masks4MomsIL is supporting pregnant people acro… https://t.co/jkPnAplfza, Jun 24
- #Masks4MOMsIL has collected & shared over 7,000 reusable cloth masks to pregnant people across the Chicago area, bu… https://t.co/pgs0ujVj1Y, Jun 17