Continuing Education Programs
The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE) in MCH has a national reputation for delivering continuing education (CE) programs and providing technical assistance (TA) to our public health agency and training partners. We host several seminars and workshops and we recently partnered with the University of North Carolina to provide CE and TA services through the National MCH Workforce Development Center.
The National Maternal and Child Health Workforce Development Center
The National Maternal and Child Health Workforce Development Center at UNC Chapel Hill (the Center) offers state and territorial Title V leaders training, collaborative learning, coaching and consultation in implementing health reform using a variety of learning platforms.
In this new era of health transformation, the Center uses cutting edge tools and techniques to move the maternal and child health field one step further, leveraging health transformation opportunities to improve the health of women and children. The free services can range from a simple telephone consultation to online resources to intensive technical assistance, including site visits and coaching. The Center also engages graduate and undergraduate students who are considering careers in public health/MCH.
The UIC CoE in MCH faculty and staff are among the consultants that partner with the Center to provide workforce training and technical assistance to the MCH community.
- Are you an MCH alumni looking for a #bookclub this summer? Tulane and UIC Centers of Excellence in #MCH are partne… https://t.co/9C1TcRGj0l, Mar 20
- RT @UN_Women: Women and girls often face discriminatory barriers, gender gaps and biases when it comes to their sexual and reprod… https://t.co/930uHwYkx3, Mar 18
- RT @IWPResearch: A7: Some states have greater access to child care than others. See more research on #studentparents at a state-by-s… https://t.co/mXRGxqJRJm, Mar 18
- RT @MomsRising: Just under 30 minutes until today's #EarlyEdChat with @ZEROTOTHREE ! Will we see you there? https://t.co/8HDvi2OKOr, Mar 14
- RT @kewaligora: .@myrajonestaylor makes the case that early childhood providers must be committed to the fight against poverty; inc… https://t.co/nXRFeLrb46, Mar 13