Alumni-Student Mentor Program
The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE) in Maternal and Child Health launched an alumni-student mentor program in Fall 2016. All second year CoE in MCH students will be matched with a mentor for the duration of one year. Students will gain knowledge about the job market and the MCH field while receiving advice about professional and personal development opportunities. This program will increase the students’ self-awareness and assist them in their journeys as they become leaders in the MCH workforce.
The mentors must be graduates of the UIC CoE in MCH and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Alumni mentors are required to attend the orientation and meet with their mentees twice a semester (either by phone or in person). The program will also host workshops that focus on management training and career development that alumni are welcome to attend but these are not required.
Current MCH students are required to attend the orientation, meet with their mentors twice a semester, and attend at least 1-2 professional or career development workshops each year.
Alumni and current students fill out a short application form to aid in the matching process. If you are interested in participating in this program please contact Cindy San Miguel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Announcing the new Child and Family Data Archive! <https://t.co/nA7PMBaz0g> The new Child and Family Data Archive… https://t.co/32Tjopi2xy, 10 hours ago
- New Job Posting: Data Analyst - Health and Wellness https://t.co/kSusUuqDGe This position will be responsible for c… https://t.co/cVsdEZbbsv, 13 hours ago
- Listening to Dr. Dzung Vo talk about mindfulness and building adolescent mental health resiliency. Learn more about… https://t.co/Ngj6tF0Fj0, 14 hours ago
- Job Posting: Outreach Coordinator - Health & Family Planning To Apply and Find Out More: https://t.co/lfxM7Mmdp0, Nov 19
- Breastfeeding Equity Townhall https://t.co/HiZOzzu4CC, Nov 19