Alumni-Student Mentor Program
The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE) in Maternal and Child Health will launch an alumni-student mentor program in Fall 2016. All second year UIC CoE in MCH students will be matched with a mentor for one year. Students will gain knowledge about the job market and the MCH field while receiving advice about professional and personal development opportunities. This program will increase the students’ self-awareness and assist them in their journeys as they become leaders in the MCH workforce.
The mentors must be graduates of the UIC CoE in MCH and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Alumni mentors are required to attend the orientation and meet with their mentees twice a semester (either by phone or in person). The program will also host workshops that focus on management training and career development that alumni are welcome to attend but these are not required.
MCH students are required to attend the orientation, meet with their mentors twice a semester, and attend at least 1-2 professional or career development workshops each year.
Alumni and current students fill out a short application form to aid in the matching process. If you are interested in participating in this program please contact Cindy San Miguel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you, or anyone you know, is interested in participating in this screening event at LEND (a fellow MCH training p… https://t.co/7n59zmRoVh, Jan 17
- Join the MN Department of Health for a monthly Mental Well-Being and Resilience Learning Community on 1/30 from 10-… https://t.co/3JyAaDDaRH, Jan 15
- #SaveCHIP https://t.co/3bq68wpsei, Jan 8
- Centering Intersectional Feminism for the Win! A webinar designed for feminists of all genders who experience white… https://t.co/bti25HCKPa, Jan 8
- Congrats to Dr. Handler on her pub on building the next generation of MCH leaders! https://t.co/UvyWiLHXFq #ThisisPublicHealth, Jan 7