Alumni-Student Mentor Program
The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE) in Maternal and Child Health launched an alumni-student mentor program in Fall 2016. All second year CoE in MCH students will be matched with a mentor for the duration of one year. Students will gain knowledge about the job market and the MCH field while receiving advice about professional and personal development opportunities. This program will increase the students’ self-awareness and assist them in their journeys as they become leaders in the MCH workforce.
The mentors must be graduates of the UIC CoE in MCH and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Alumni mentors are required to attend the orientation and meet with their mentees twice a semester (either by phone or in person). The program will also host workshops that focus on management training and career development that alumni are welcome to attend but these are not required.
Current MCH students are required to attend the orientation, meet with their mentors twice a semester, and attend at least 1-2 professional or career development workshops each year.
Alumni and current students fill out a short application form to aid in the matching process. If you are interested in participating in this program please contact Cindy San Miguel at email@example.com.
- MCH trainee and doctoral student, Genevieve Rizzo, shares her experience at the 2019 ational Sexual Health Conferen… https://t.co/cLie4aWV0x, Aug 15
- Read this recent article from The Nation's Health: Programs work from within to prevent black maternal deaths: Wor… https://t.co/ymWC9FStPx, Aug 15
- Congratulations to our MCH trainee, Angelica Cabrera, winner of the @ILPublicHealth Edith Heide Memorial Scholarship!, Aug 14
- CHOCOLATE MILK: A feature documentary on the racial divide in breastfeeding, by @ElizabethBayne Join… https://t.co/NSzEkzKBRN, Aug 13
- Read this interesting article on the implications of the repeal of Roe vs. Wade: "Predicted changes in abortion ac… https://t.co/yqGsq96D55, Aug 12