Alumni-Student Mentor Program
The UIC Center of Excellence (CoE) in Maternal and Child Health will launch an alumni-student mentor program in Fall 2016. All second year UIC CoE in MCH students will be matched with a mentor for one year. Students will gain knowledge about the job market and the MCH field while receiving advice about professional and personal development opportunities. This program will increase the students’ self-awareness and assist them in their journeys as they become leaders in the MCH workforce.
The mentors must be graduates of the UIC CoE in MCH and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Alumni mentors are required to attend the orientation and meet with their mentees twice a semester (either by phone or in person). The program will also host workshops that focus on management training and career development that alumni are welcome to attend but these are not required.
MCH students are required to attend the orientation, meet with their mentors twice a semester, and attend at least 1-2 professional or career development workshops each year.
Alumni and current students fill out a short application form to aid in the matching process. If you are interested in participating in this program please contact Cindy San Miguel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ANNOUNCING ATMCH’S #WEBINAR! “From Generation to Generation: Building #MCH Academic #Leadership” – a free, web-b… https://t.co/bho1WU8pkt, Sep 13
- RT @TulaneMCH: We and @MatChildHlthUIC read “Doing Harm: The Truth About How Bad Medicine and Lazy Science Leave Women Dismissed,… https://t.co/OIqbuwtpmG, Sep 13
- MCH-Epidemiology Trainees, Bethany Dominik and Lauren Schwerzler present their academic poster at CityMatCH in Port… https://t.co/ggUhDxbWpZ, Sep 13
- Opioid Use Disorder Documented at Delivery Hospitalization... https://t.co/gvez0gIW6R via @CDCgov, Aug 13
- "This week, CDC released the first-ever multi-state analysis of trends in opioid use disorder (OUD) in labor and de… https://t.co/pTpHJ53hBZ, Aug 13